Thursday, May 7, 2009

That Old Love Song

It's a cold and rainy evening tonight.

The howling winds outside hearken a coming storm.
In my room tucked under a soft blanket, I was catching up with my leisure reading when the sound of the neighbor's radio turned up. A familiar tune wafted in the air. A love song whose lyrics I couldn't put my finger on at that moment.

Suddenly, I found myself indulging in sweet reminisce as the verses called out to the tender yearnings of my heart. And as if by perfect design or coincidence, the song spoke out the emotions that I have been holding on for so long---and forever will keep.



Here I Am
by Air Supply

Here I am playing with those memories again
And just when I thought time had set me free
Those thoughts of you keep taunting me

Holding you, a feeling I never outgrew
Though each and every part of me has tried

Only you can fill that space inside
So there's no sense pretending
My heart its not mending

(chorus)
Just when I thought I was over you
And just when I thought I could stand on my own
Oh baby those memories come crashing through
And I just can't go on without you

On my own I've tried to make the best of it alone
I've done everything I can to ease the pain
But only you can stop the rain

I just cant live without you
I miss everything about you

(chorus)
Just when I thought I was over you
And just when I thought I could stand on my own
Oh baby those memories come crashing through
And I just can't go on without

Go on without
Its just no good without you



Sounds cheesy? Nah. This one's a spot on.:-)

No comments: