Monday, August 20, 2012

There are days that I go about without writing something here, not because I've run out of words to say, but because the things I wanted to tell you are too tender, too close that I find that they are only meant to be whispered in quiet moments like this. Right now these words fill me and how I wish you were here with me, or I was there holding you in my arms with your head in my chest as I inhale the sweet scent of your hair.

Why is it on these days my thoughts are of you and that familiar ache in my heart that calls out your name? I hear it now, your name whispered with such tenderness in the night like a sweet lullaby sending me to sleep. As I hear my heart beating in the quiet of the night, I feel an unexplainable knowing that you heard my thoughts. And then suddenly, I am smiling. Goodnight, my dear.

No comments: