Monday, August 6, 2012

If You Only Knew


Tonight, I write to you surrounded by the sound of pouring rain, the ramblings of my heart endless as the teardrops fall. There is so much I wish to say to you and yet I think that that chance will never come. If  you were here even for a moment and knew that these words are for you, I think I could carry on with this life and it would be enough.

This love for you will be so always. Love will not be less without you by my side, but it will yearn for the sound of your voice and ache for the things it cannot share. There will always be rain and the wind in the trees. And each time rain falls or you feel the wind blow gently past you, it will be me calling, just to be near you. Even for just a heartbeat. If you only knew.

Though we may be two, we will win this battle. This I promise you.

No comments: